If you are thinking of traveling to another country, one of the most important questions that arises is whether you will need a VISA to enter that particular country.
The question of whether you need a VISA or not to travel to Ecuador will largely depend on the country where you are coming from.
In this article, I am going to help you understand whether a citizen from your country requires a VISA or not.
Based on the information from the ministry of foreign affairs of Ecuador, people coming from these 32 countries must present a VISA to be permitted into Ecuador.
19. Democratic Republic of Congo
20. Democratic Republic of Korea
29. Republic of Congo
Important to note
For Haiti, nationals must present a complete tourist registration before coming to Ecuador. Learn more
Nationals from South America Nations(Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela) are granted access with a National ID.
Nationals from other countries that are not listed do not require a VISA to enter into Ecuador. They acquire the VISA on arrival.
What are the requirements for entering or exiting Ecuador by foreigners ?
Any foreigner who wishes to enter or exit Ecuador must abide by the following –
1. Valid and current travel document or identification document (6 months minimum).
2. Registration of entry or exit in a format defined by the immigration control authority.
3. Valid visa for cases established by law or the human mobility authority.
4. The immigration control agent must verify the immigration status invoked by the foreign person at the time of their presentation at the official immigration control point.
5.A COVID 19 vaccination certificate to acknowledge your immunization against COVID 19.
You have to refer to the list of countries above to find out whether a citizen from your country needs a VISA or not.